Tuesday, March 13, 2007

DATELINE: Springfield, MO

I HATE FLYING (at least right now I do). I was forced (what the company calls junior manning) into doing another overnight trip. I thought I would be done when I returned to DFW today; I worked a flight from MIA to Indianapolis, then deaheaded (when a crew member flies as a passenger back to base or to work a flight). At least I was able to get the last seat available in first class, so I was able to sleep some (and get fed too). But when I arrived in DFW, I had another flight waiting for me -- to Springfield, MO for an overnight. The weather at DFW airport today included strong thunderstorms; when this happens, flights get backed up and flight attendants get reassigned to new duty. Such is what happened to me. Oh well, I can cope.

No comments: